Thursday, March 27, 2008

THANK YOU.........

Your prayers and ours have been answered! Yahoo! Yesterday I got a call from the Oncology Doctor. They have found a bone marrow donor for Mr. T. They now rate a match by 12 instead of 6......and the donor is 11/12.
Isn't that wonderful? This is proof that there is Power in Prayers.......and I want to thank everyone who has been praying for Mr. T.

On Monday we leave for the Children's Hospital. There....Mr. T. will receive 2 treatments of chemo. The 1st treatment will take 3 weeks.....I'm not sure about the 2nd treatment...I was too excited to pay attention. From there....after his treatments we will go straight to the Children's Hospital in Toronto. That's where they do the bone marrow transplants. We will be in Toronto for more than a month!

I told Mr. T....that we won't be home on May 25th for his birthday.....but that we can pretend that his birthday is 'whenever' we get home.....whether its' June or July.....and he agrees. He just wants this over......he wants to be a 'normal' kid. It will be the biggest 'home-coming, BBQ & pool party' imaginable!

I have Mr. T's textbooks packed. As soon as we get to the Hospital.....Candlelighter's which is an organization that helps kids with cancer....will lend Mr. T. a laptop. They do this for all kids of school-age...so that they can keep in touch with their teachers, (home-work) classmates, and friends.

I will be bringing my son's laptop as I did in the past....so I can blog daily and keep everyone up-dated on Mr. T.'s health.

Please don't stop praying. Mr. T. has got to get a lot worse before he can get better. The chemo treatments can be quite an ordeal to get through.

I will try to take pictures and post them so you can follow Mr. T.'s journey to health.

Thank you Shelly @ THIS ECLECTIC LIFE & Marcia @ Tumbled Words for going above & beyond the call of duty. You can bet that Mr. T. will be taking his home-made afghan with him to the Hospital. And I want to thank all the other bloggers who have sent warm wishes and prayers. Your prayers have been answered!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I held back my tears of joy until I got to Mr. T's site..

That is going to be one heck of a party!

More positive thoughts heading y'all's way!!

WOOOOHOOOOOO! One giant humongous step forward.

(And you are welcome...)

Tayten Court aka 'Mr. T'. said...

Marcia.....that is the best news I have gotten all year. Yahoo..and praise be to Jesus........our prayers have been answered...I will update Mr. T's site daily....thank you for the prayers and constant support. I know we will beat this cancer...I've got faith and all my fellow bloggers behind us.....what more could I ask for?
I will be with Mr. T....for as long as it takes.....and I'll be coming home with him as well....and we'll have one heck of a party!
Thank you for all your prayers and good wishes.
Keep the faith...I'm so happy...this is 'Our Lottery'!

Anonymous said...

Yippee! I'm updating my posts to celebrate. Taten, Matty, I'm so delighted. I don't pray a lot, but I sure have been about this. I'll still go do the second round of platelet donations...maybe I'm a match for someone out there. Hugs and Hugs.
Shelly

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful, joyous news. I am so glad for you and Mr. T. I know my square in that afghan of his is packed full of prayers, but I will continue to send more!

Tayten Court aka 'Mr. T'. said...

Thank you Shelly
Yes...everyone can save a life...someone is out there hoping for a transplant...you just never know.
A big hug to you from Canada.

Tayten Court aka 'Mr. T'. said...

Vixen.
Thank you so much for all your work. My Mr. T enjoys his afghan so much...he even takes it on sleep-overs...and its already packed for the hospital.