Sunday, May 25, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET THIRTEEN!!

It's been a horrible night....fevers, diarrhea, puking and hallucinating! Not a very great way to start your birthday! The nurses were really sweet...they all marched in this morning at 7....singing 'Happy Birthday' to Mr. T...they did get a smile out of him with their carrying on and dancing around the room!

There will be no birthday cake...he doesn't want one..and I can't even mention the word 'food'...it seems to trigger his stomach. How much bile can a person actually throw up?

He woke up with fever but by noon-time his fever broke and he was able to sit up when his Uncle came in...and open his presents!

I was hoping to take some pics of him...but when he spotted the camera....he got upset with me...and warned me...'NO PICS NANNY'!...so I had to respect his wishes.

When a teenager is sick...they sure don't want you taking their picture and posting it...and I can understand that!

His Uncle gave him a 'Grand Theft Auto' lock box with key...and the game ProStreet Need for Speed for the X-box....and a mini mouse for his laptop which is really cute. It changes colors and has a retractable cord.

I got him the Ironman game for the X-box.

Also...his Uncle had gone shopping a few days prior with a lovely lady from the Wish Foundation...and they picked him out a Shamano Fishing Rod (most expensive in the store) as well as a Shamano Reel...a huge tackle box with the latest lure's, and a large net and also a special bag to pack his lunch when he goes fishing....and 2 really expensive sleeping bags for camping out.

All of this stuff was bought at Le Baron which is one of the biggest 'Hunting & Fishing' Sports shops in Ottawa.

And to top it all off.......he received $550 dollars of gift certificates to be spent on anything he wants at Le Baron whenever he's well enough to go shopping with his Uncle. Was he ever impressed! He was grinning from ear to ear....just thinking of all the stuff he could get for that amount!
Ronald Mcdonald house gave Mr. T a '6 in 1' game set...so we can play Backgammon or Checkers here at the hospital. Mr. T knows that when we finally get home...we will celebrate his birthday with a BBQ and have all his friends over.
Yesterday when I was in the middle of this post.....we lost the internet for the rest of the day...so I'm posting late.
Today is Tuesday and Mr. T has not eaten or drank anything since last Thursday. I'm hoping his appetite comes back soon.
I hope he never goes through another weekend like the last one. I slept sitting up in the chair (I used to think that was impossible) because I was afraid with high fevers and hallucinating that he would rip his lines out.
I'm really glad to see he's feeling much better.

3 comments:

Dust-bunny said...

I'll be praying for Mr. T...he is definitely a true warrior. Keep your faith...and fight with all you've got. Here's to feeling better every day and enjoying that BBQ! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

It's been a few days since the birthday post. I do hope things are improving for you Mr. T. Life is tough right now, but it will be better in time. Keep your eyes on the future, and know that there are many people hoping and praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.