Sunday, June 8, 2008

SUNDAY, JUNE 8, 2008


Some good news! His leg is getting better so there will be no need for surgery. They continue to keep a close eye on it. They have his blood pressure stable. The doctors don't know why Mr. T lost 6 lbs in one day...they say there is nothing wrong with his kidneys...but they will weigh him every day.
Today he refuses the Boost...he will not drink or eat....so I'm sure by tomorrow they will put in a tube...he's got to get his nutrients in somehow.
No amount of begging, bribing or threatening helps. Extremely frustrating.
He continues to get platelets every day as his are very low.
I suppose with all the medications in his system....he's just not hungry....and he continues to throw up, so they give him gravol.
His counts today are:
Hemoglobin is 84*
Platelets are 24*
Neutro-polys are 0.00*
I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day for Mr. T.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the feeding tube will help his tummy get back into the idea of eating again or maybe removing the pressure of having to eat will be a relief. I don't know. I haven't had experience with this.

I've been following your journey for several months now and I wish you both the best. My own son just turned 12 and to think of him having to go through what Mr. T is going through just breaks my heart.

I just wanted you both to know that there are people out here keeping you both in our hearts. I check in every day to see how things are going. I found your site through share a square. Hang in there.