Tuesday, June 24, 2008

TUESDAY, JUNE 24, 2008

Today has been a good day! Finally we have one little neutro-poly. It's been such a long wait....but this is the start! Hopefully they will zoom up so we can manage to get home for a few days!

Today is our 86th day here...and Mr. T is losing patience. He has been very cranky lately. Teens like to have some control...so when the drs tell him to do something, or the dietician suggests something....he refuses. And if I agree with them....well he thinks I'm on their side. It's very difficult to be here for a long time and in isolation...so I understand well how he feels.

It seems all the parents of teens have been having a hard time with their kids. And of course when the kids don't feel well...and are good and tired of being poked and prodded constantly...well who do you think gets the worst of it??

I've seen parents cry in the hallway.....after being told by their child to 'get lost' or 'I don't need you'...or 'I hate you'......it can be very difficult.

When Mr. T is having a bad day.......I tell him I'm leaving and I'll be back later......this helps to diffuse the situation. He has time to calm down and think and I will go over to Ronald Mcdonald house and use the treadmill or read.

When I come back...Mr. T apologizes...asks for a hug......and everything is fine. We all need to vent...and he has every right to be angry or sad or lonely. But he has no right to take it out on me or the nurses.

You really can't take it personal...if you did...you'd be a basket case. We all have bad days and moreso if you're in the hospital.

His glucose levels are under control. We manage to keep them between 5 & 7 and he still manages to have pizza & low-fat Pringles chips.



Hemoglobin is 94*

Platelets is 37*

Neutro Polys are 0.01* Yahoo!

No comments: