Wednesday, July 30, 2008

ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH????



Don't you just love that advertisement? I saw it on the following website on Men & Nursing.




We need more men in this wonderful profession. Men have so much to offer and male nurses have been getting a bad rap for a long time. This is not a profession that is just for females...it takes guts & courage & strength to do this job. I know that Mr. T loves the male nurses at Cheo....he will listen to them more than he does the females. I think that has a lot to do with him missing & needing a male mentor in his life.
The same applies here at Toronto Sick Kids. Thank God for Francis & others. They have a wonderful rapport with the kids. The kids really need to have a good relationship with the nurses, as they are hospitalized for long periods.
Don't get me wrong.....the female nurses are great too! Mr. T gets along with all of them, some better than others. Age has nothing to do with it. You can have some young nurses who act very old...........and some older nurses who are very young at heart.
I'd be fibbing if I said I never had a run-in with a nurse or doctor....but fortunately those experiences are very few.

In every profession....you will meet someone who doesn't like their job....or shouldn't be working with kids....and unfortunately I have met a few....and Unfortunately...they met me! (Both Dr's & Nurses).

I'd better stop now before I put my foot in my mouth. Enough said!


Let me say though....that the majority of nurses I've met....like 99%.... are wonderful, caring, compassionate, hard-working, inspiring, funny, thoughtful,giving,intelligent people that I am very proud to know!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When Sean was in NICU, one of our favorite nurses was a great big man who just happened to be ex-military police! One of his hands was about the size of Sean, but he could change a diaper faster than anyone else! lol It was a little disconcerting the first time I saw him turning Sean as he certainly wasn't as tentative as the his female counterparts, just as gentle though. He just picked him up and FLIP, respirator tubes and all. :)

Anonymous said...

With havin so much written content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright infringement?
My blog has a lot of unique content I've either created myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my agreement. Do you know any methods to help reduce content from being stolen? I'd genuinely appreciate it.
Also see my website > old holborn yellow

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I've truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I'll
be subscribing on your feed and I'm hoping you write again soon!
Visit my blog ; amber leaf

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.
http://gymzzx.com/mzbbs/showtopic-6096.aspx
http://www.illustrated-history.org/asp/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4773&PID=18823#18823
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/b2evolution-cms-platform-run-multiple-blogs/
http://groups.google.com/group/b2evolution-pt/browse_thread/thread/cf235ad1c4356a84/
http://www.nbzone.com.cn/bbs/