Sunday, August 10, 2008

DAY PLUS 24 - AUGUST 10, 2008


Agh! Still no internet...so I can only post for a few minutes. It keeps getting better. Mr. T's WBC (white blood cells) are 1.5 today.....and his neutropolys are still 0.18. I will know the new numbers tomorrow afternoon.

I expect his neutropolys to be way up!.

I spoke to a doctor tonight who was on call...and he said....don't start packing yet....Mr. T has to start eating and drinking on his own before we can hope to get discharged....as well, he has to be off the infusions.

Tee has been sleeping alot....with the help of hydromorphone, benadryl and gravol. We hope to start getting him off these addictive drugs this week. I'm hoping they can start to ease up on it.

Of course with the TPN he has no appetite or thirst....I keep asking him if he wants anything to eat or drink....and of course he refuses. After awhile your body just forgets to eat or drink. I'm going to have to start being a nag and encourage him to eat on his own...so we can eventually get back to eating and drinking again.

Will have more news tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leon and I are still with you. I still read everyday. Some days I don't know how you two do it, but I'm glad you both are hanging in there. So glad the numbers are going up.

Pixilated said...

Yahoo! The numbers are going up! I am so happy for you both. Tell Tayten to start drinking....usually we want the teens to stop drinking, but we want him to go for the good stuff. We think about you both all the time. I am commenting under an assumed name, but you know who I am.