Saturday, August 9, 2008

I AM VERY THANKFUL....

Today I am very grateful for all the people that are praying for Mr. T. Thank you so much for your prayers, comments and support. It's working....so please keep it up! I keep up-dating Mr. T's blog as I know so many of you read it. I don't know if I would continue to blog if nobody commented. Thank you as well to those who don't wish to comment...I know you do read and wish us well on our journey to better health.
Although we have been away from home for over 4 months now....and we are very homesick....I am still grateful that Mr. T is doing so well compared to a lot of children here. We WILL get to go home and I can't say the same for all the kids here. There are many people here who are a lot worse off than we are. There are parents here who have had to give up their homes and their jobs in order to be with their sick child. I have met others with 2, 3 or 4 other children to take care of as well.
I am blessed that my humble home is paid for and I have no mortgage. My granddaughter is being taken care of by my neice and she is having a fun summer with daycamp, swimming & activities to keep her happy & busy. Younger son and his wife will go and get my granddaughter in a few weeks and get her ready for school at the end of August if I'm not home in time to do it.
I'm also grateful for my sister-in-law who works at long-term care and keeps a close eye on my mother who has congenital heart failure. She does her laundry, takes care of her needs, and spoils her while I'm away.
There is so much to be grateful for. I'm glad it's summer. This would be much more difficult on all of us if it was winter. I'm glad to be in downtown Toronto, so close to everything! I'm grateful to be in good health....and I'm so grateful to be able to take care of my grandchild.
Walking around downtown Toronto....you can't help but notice the homeless people who ask for change or a cigarette....and my heart goes out to them. There but for the grace of God go I......you can't help but think that they are somebody's son, daughter, father or brother. I am grateful that I can give them a cigarette or a dollar.
I'm grateful for Ronald Mcdonald House....Dominion store, World's Biggest bookstore, hotdog stands, laptops & cellphones!
I'm grateful that I've met so many wonderful caring parents. They show real strength & courage, day after day, with nothing but HOPE to keep them going. The real hero's are the children...all of them.....they have suffered so much and still, their indomitable spirits refuse to give up. They know that life is precious & sacred...they are true warriors in every sense of the word.
And I'm very grateful for the wonderful doctors & nurses we have here at Sick Kids. Some days go by quickly.......and some days just drag...but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! We are getting there......one day at a time!

Thank you friends and bloggers. We appreciate your comments, prayers and warm wishes. Keep it up......don't stop now.....we're almost there!

2 comments:

Shimmerrings said...

Matty, I'm so happy that his numbers are showing good things. You've certainly been through some tough times, here, Bless both your Hearts!

Anonymous said...

My daughter Kelsey also goes to Pontiac High School and we have kept checking on how Tayten is doing every day. You both are in our thoughts and prayers so often.