Monday, August 18, 2008

KIND OF CONFUSED.............


I really don't know what to think. This morning when Dr. Doyle did his rounds....he would not talk about discharge...not until we get results back from the lab. When a doctor says...you have to be patient...these things take time......that means you will definitely stay awhile.
This afternoon...Dr. Samira came to see us........and she said...because his stool is not runny...there is no reason why we won't be discharged this weekend. Just for today to remain in isolation and either today or tomorrow a physiotherapist will come see us to prepare Mr. T for going home this weekend.
So who do I believe? and what do I believe??
I don't know if we're coming or going....and I wish the doctors were a little more sure of themselves. You really don't have much confidence in someone who's always sitting on the fence. How can they be on the same team...with such drastically different opinions? Makes you wonder..........
I really want to believe that WE ARE GOING HOME! So...I will believe Dr. Samira...even though she does look like Janet Jackson! If she looked like Michael.......forget it!

4 comments:

Linda M.R. Yaw said...

Oof, hang in there! I was thinking that it might possibly be time for a step back (you know that two steps forward, one step back cliche), but I was hoping not.

I think I wouldn't get my hopes up for leaving until they bring you discharge papers. It sounds like the doctors need to talk to each other a little more.

This probably isn't as cheery as I would like it to be. . . Anyway, the one who's really in charge of when you go home is Mr. T's body.

Both of you are in my thoughts. Mr. T is very lucky to have such a great Nanny who can be with him through this.

Hugs,
lindamry

Shimmerrings said...

Hang in there and think positive! It sure beats the alternative! Dr's can be confusing. The one probably doesn't want to give false hope, without being totally sure of what's going on... the other probably believes that positive thinking effects the outcome. My prayers are with you guys! Besides, Dr's aren't gods, like we think they are, yet they hold a lot of responsibility, and part of their job is how they deal with situations and relate those situations. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

This weekend is still a long way off and I would guess that Dr. Doyle doesn't want to say something that could change in the upcoming days. Hang in there Matty, the end is definitely near.

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Ditto, what Jennifer said!

A lot could go right between now and then!